Ogłoszenie numer: 6830034, from 2022-05-06
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Cash-Based Intervention (CBI) Assistant
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the successful candidate will provide support in cash-based intervention of IOM Poland.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support Cash-Based Intervention (CBI) unit during data collection process/ Assessment through all unit’s activities.
- Follow up on the accuracy of collected data under all unit activities.
- Support the team in the cards/NFI distribution process.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate archives of all projects’ documents including beneficiary consent forms, delivery reports, and all needed financial documents.
- Support the Cash-Based Intervention (CBI) unit in processing documents related to service providers during contracting and payment phases;
- Prepare and follow up on administrative issues related to cash top-ups, PRs, PVs, etc.
- Support daily administrative processes related to the financial service provider and contracting in coordination with Logistics/Procurement, and Finance units;
- Follow up on cash transactions and monitor redemption patterns related to beneficiary smart cards/ cash transfer
- Submit payments regularly to the finance unit in coordination with procurement;
- Follow up regularly on submitted payments to ensure timely transactions
- Track all payments using payment tracking tools;
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate archives of all payment transactions and submissions- Share point.
- Prepare distribution and top-up and cash transfer
- Coordinate with call center operators to ensure the receipt of beneficiary complaints and feed it back to the AAP team.
- Follow up on all complaints with CBI management to identify a solution.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned.
- High school diploma with three years of relevant working experience; or,
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Social or Political Sciences, Business Administration, or relevant fields from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant working experience.
- Master’s degree in above fields an advantage.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in cash-based / CBI initiatives and programmes or other relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, E-mail, Outlook;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize work in a methodical way;
- Strong work ethics and commitment.
- Fluency in Russian and/or Ukrainian (oral and written) is required. Fluency in English and/or Polish is advantage.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.