Team: Partnership Finance
Location: Warsaw - new office in the city centre easily accessible
Work pattern: Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Reports to: Head of Commercial Management
Career band/ role type: Assistant/Administration Assistant
The Commercial Assistant sits within our commercial hub in Warsaw and is part of the finance team.
You will be assisting with, and taking ownership for, a range of activities across the order to cash cycle to drive efficiency and reduce lock-up.
You will predominantly be working with finance and secretarial colleagues from Continental Europe (particularly Germany) as well as the offshore team in Delhi, but you may also have contact with fee earners, including Partners when required.
The specific purpose of this role is to assist finance and secretarial colleagues in Continental Europe. You will be required to specifically support colleagues in our German offices, and you must adhere to firm policies and procedures and be able to work as part of a team to deliver work to tight deadlines.
The following activities and tasks will constitute some of, but not all of, your role, and you may be expected to perform tasks outside of this description and where required.
- Support the Matter Inception process and ensure matters are compliant with client agreements. This will include monitoring and chasing any missing client and matter billing information such as PO Numbers and Client Matter IDs;
- Enter and maintain fee-earner charge out rates, including where appropriate, working with the offshore team in Delhi to do so;
- Prepare WIP provision information and support colleagues with provisioning at month-end;
- Support with the preparation of client fee updates;
- End-to-end billing and collections support including finalising bills and performing billing reconciliations, chasing outstanding debt and escalating issues to senior team members; and
- Working with the Delhi cashiering team to support cash allocation, client to office transfers and client fund reimbursements.
- You should be familiar and confident in following a pre-determined set of processes.
- You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to escalate/collaborate with team members in achieving successful outcomes that meet business needs. You should possess the confidence to communicate with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- You should be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, with an aptitude to understand new concepts quickly.
- You will need a flexible working approach and be solution focused in delivering the roles responsibilities.
- You will be open to change and will demonstrate can-do attitude and proactive approach.
- You will be motivated and have a willingness to learn.
- You demonstrate, attention to detail, commitment, high levels of accuracy and diligence.
- You are fluent or native in English and German. Polish language skills would be desirable but not necessary.
- You have very good knowledge and command of Microsoft Office tools (especially Excel) and have a certain affinity for IT systems.
- You have a good understanding of the financial processes that underpin order to cash activities.
- Bachelors degree in Business/ Accounting/ Finance/ Economics preferable.
- Experience in commercial roles would be an advantage.
From your first day with us, you will have varied opportunities to continuously grow and develop your skills and knowledge. From formal training, informal coaching and mentoring through to skills-based and technical training and on the job learning.
You will be given on the job training, specifically around the processes and procedures we have in place. Notwithstanding, you can access the firms academy website for personal training, which covers technical skills through to improving your confidence and resilience.
Whatever your area of expertise, you will find a range of career opportunities at Clifford Chance. And wherever you’re heading, Clifford Chance is where you can be true to your ambitions.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures and languages. In a world where commercial success increasingly relies on globalisation, we offer clients a truly international perspective, and we offer our people a rewarding and stimulating career.
Were proud of our approachable, friendly and team-based way of working. Highly professional and self-assured, with an entrepreneurial streak, our people are more than happy to share their expertise and knowledge.
At Clifford Chance we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm. Find out more: https://www.cliffordchance.com/about_us/inclusion-and-diversity.html