Ogłoszenie numer: 5792067, from 2021-10-13
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Finance and Administrative Assistant
Location: mazowieckie / Warszawa
Reference No.: PL-VN 2021/06
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Chief of Mission, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting project managers with financial project management, reporting and financial analysis, and will have the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of project financial reports with report reconciliation according to IOM guidelines and donor requirements;
- Maintain project financial documentation and ensure all expenses are appropriately documented and filed in accordance with IOM and donors’ guidelines (including but not limited to verification of supporting documentation for invoices and project payroll documents);
- Register bank transactions into IOM accounting system;
- Manage daily petty cash operations and register them into IOM accounting system;
- Process Goods Receipt in the system upon confirmation/verification by project staff of the good receipt of goods/services;
- Assist in performing Time-keeper duties;
- Provide routine financial assistance to project managers with financial project management and preliminary financial analysis;
- Assist in preparing project/mission budgets and monitor their implementation;
- Support the Chief of Mission in external and internal financial audits and monitoring visits preparation;
- Verify Purchase Requests against unutilized budget and certify if funds are available;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree with four years of relevant professional experience; OR
- University degree at bachelor or equivalent or higher from an accredited academic institution and a minimum of two years of work experience.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in report preparation of EU funded projects;
- Experience in preparing and conducting tenders will be an asset;
- Good computer skills - full knowledge and experience in software applications, spreadsheets, word processing and database management. Knowledge of SAP is an advantage;
- Very good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work individually and in a multicultural team;
- Very good communication skills including ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines;
- Attention to details and accuracy in daily work.
- Fluency in English and Polish. Knowledge of another language, particularly Ukrainian or Russian and any other IOM official language is an asset.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Candidates will be recruited in the country of the duty station. Candidates may be considered even if applying from another location but will be considered to be locally recruited.
In all cases, a prerequisite of taking up this position is right of residence and right to work in the country of the duty station at the time of application.
Finance and Administrative Assistant
General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment
One Year Fixed Term, 12 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
18 October 2021