Ogłoszenie numer: 6829662, from 2022-05-06
Międzynarodowa Organizacja ds. Migracji
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Human Resources Assistant
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head of Resources Management, the successful candidate will provide support in HR and personnel administration functions for IOM Poland.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Human Resources Management services in the office in accordance with the organization’s regulations, instructions, policies, procedures and practices and in light of operational activities in the office.
- Support in implementation of effective administrative procedures and internal controls reflecting the office’s needs; review audit recommendations on Human Resources matters and coordinate and implement them.
- Participate in evaluation and planning of staffing needs; coordinate national and international recruitment processes in an effective, efficient and transparent manner, including but not limited to, providing guidance to hiring managers on preparation of Terms of Reference, drafting and posting Vacancy Notices, screening and shortlisting applications, drafting interview protocols, preparing and administering written tests, taking part in interview panels as assigned, drafting candidates assessment forms, conducting reference checks, preparing job offers, administering recruitment mailbox, etc.
- Oversee administration of Human Resources modules in PRISM including preparation of monthly payroll and ensure its accuracy and timeliness.
- Provide verbal and written explanations to all staff on staffing, recruitment, entitlements, leave administration and other Human Resources matters.
- Monitor and facilitate timely implementation of the Staff Evaluation System (SES); encourage and guide staff and managers for completion of the process within the deadlines.
- Respond to general inquiries regarding Human Resources policies, instructions and procedures.
- Plan and coordinate the organization of Human Resource events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records. Participate in assessments of staff training and development needs.
- Identify areas for improvement and provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices.
- Guide, coordinate and supervise the work of staff in the unit.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or relevant fields from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant working experience.
- Master’s degree in above fields an advantage.
Experience and Skills
- At least five years work experience in a similar role;
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage;
- Familiarity with local employment legislation and requirements;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Previous experience using SAP a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things;
- Demonstrated ability to draft and prepare clear and concise formal correspondence;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines;
- Strong work ethics and commitment.
- Fluency in Polish and English (oral and written) is required.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioral indicators
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust:creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.