Ogłoszenie numer: 6847773, from 2022-05-10
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Site Team Leader
Reference No.: PLCFA22-010
The conflict in Ukraine has led to the overspill of over a million forcibly displaced persons to Poland. As migratory flows continue unabated, IOM is urgently and significantly boosting its capacity in Poland to provide multi-sectoral assistance to respond to urgent emerging humanitarian needs in a dynamic context.
Under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will function as the general point of contact for all matters pertinent to IOM interventions in the assigned site(s)and the Polish-Ukrainian border points. Staff members in field-based positions might be required to be mobile within the assigned area when immediate project needs arise. This position is based in Rzeszow, with frequent travels to sites in proximity.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate project activities and provide oversight to IOM field teams in the assigned site(s).
- Monitor and ensure that all activities are in place according to set schedule and specific guidelines. Prepare regular assessments, monitoring and consolidated progress reports for all the implemented activities. Ensure compliance and alignment with the Mission’s policies, procedures and IOM Standards of Conduct in all the implemented activities.
- Act as focal point for the IOM field team in cases of safety and security incidents as well as in cases of emergency evacuations.
- Support the site administration in the daily management and coordination of the BCP or/and reception center..
- Assist the authorities and the team in relation to issues pertaining to contingency planning, emergency preparedness and site’s life cycle developments.
- Support the site management authorities in managing information, including data collection on activities and service provision, and information dissemination to beneficiaries, on-site actors and stakeholders.
- Encourage and monitor activities with the inclusion of women, children, elderly, and persons with specific needs into decision-making processes.
- Ensure meaningful access, accountability, participation and empowerment for the affected population. Implement meaningful community engagement and participation activities and ensure that feedback mechanisms are in place and information is accessible and inclusive to all.
- Advocate and ensure protection mainstreaming in all cross-cutting interventions related to the project.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
- High school degree/certificate with minimum three years of relevant work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution with at least one year of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree in above fields an advantage.
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience working in a similar position with supervisory role;
- Familiar with direct assistance to migrants and/or refugees;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines;
- Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles;
- Strong organizational, facilitation, communication, writing and presentations skills;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proficient use of commonly used IT equipment and the appropriate software solutions;
- Willingness to travel and work under difficult conditions;
- Valid driver’s license with at least five years driving experience.
- Fluency in Polish, Ukrainian and/or Russian is required. Good knowledge of English advantage.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioral indicators
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust:creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.